The hotter months can leave you extra exhausted from it being so DARN HOT! Stay focused on eating healthy with these easy recipes.
"The George Mateljan Foundation is a not-for-profit foundation with no commercial interests or
advertising. Our mission is to help you eat and cook the healthiest way for optimal health."
For an in depth nutritional breakdown of the Chinese Chicken Cabbage Salad, click here. --> The World's Healthiest Foods
Chinese Chicken Cabbage Salad
|Prep and Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 Serving
Toss all ingredients together and serve.
For an in depth nutritional breakdown of the Spicy Healthy Sautéed Tofu, click here. --> The World's Healthiest Foods
This is a wonderful meat-free addition to your Healthiest Way of Eating that only contains 164 calories! Enjoy!
Spicy Healthy Sautéed Tofu
|Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in 1/2 cup water until soft (about 15 minutes). Slice, removing the stem. Retain mushroom soaking water.
- Place tofu on paper towels to drain some of the moisture while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Rinse and soak sea vegetables in warm water while preparing rest of ingredients. Squeeze out excess water before adding.
- Add the mushroom water to a 10-inch stainless steel skillet and bring to a boil. Add ginger, sea vegetables, mushrooms, scallion, mirin, and tofu, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
Enjoy & let us know if you try these recipes out!