Choices in Senior Care cares passionately about meeting our clients’ medical, physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs. We meet their medical and physical needs through comprehensive Care Management: coordinating medical care; attending doctor’s appointments, medical procedures and emergency room visits; providing 24/7 on-call and medication oversight; transitions to/from skilled care and home; and by providing a variety of local resources. We also provide non-medical caregiver services to our clients including: personal care, light homemaking services, medication reminders, companionship and some transportation. But, we offer so much more!
Because we care passionately about our clients’ quality of life and caring for the whole person; we also seek to meet their emotional, social and spiritual needs in individualized, diverse and creative ways. We complete an in-depth assessment with each client, tailoring a unique care plan to give them the most independent quality of life available. What does that look like? Well…here are a few recent examples:
- Help a spouse care for his wife by providing home-cooked meals for her like those she used to prepare for him.
- Transport and accompany a client so she can volunteer at a local animal shelter
- Go out to lunch with a client and attend church with her
- Go on weekly trips to the golf course so a long-time golfer can enjoy his favorite sport
- Play ping pong, go fishing or assist with walking the dog
- Attend concerts, visit the library or participate in an exercise class
- Play cards, complete board games, work puzzles or make simple crafts
- Coordinate lawn care, housekeeping and home maintenance so that a couple can still safely live in their home
- Locate housing and facilitate supportive employment for an adult with a disability
- Relocate a client to another city or state, closer to family members and friends
- Liaison with assisted living, skilled care, long-term care or hospice
And the list goes on!
We treat our clients professionally and compassionately, empowering them to live fully, safely and well. We care passionately and strive to enable each of our clients to savor every moment available in a meaningful way.
by Brook Dickerson