Choices in Senior Care provides comprehensive Care Management for aging adults, adults with disabilities, and adults caring for adult disabled children. Okay, but what does that mean in practical terms for my parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or sibling with a disability? We offer a broad range of services that includes:
- Completing an initial assessment and planning for your loved one’s immediate and long-term care needs. We help you identify issues, concerns, and offer individualized solutions that fit your family’s needs.
- Checking in with your family member regularly using the schedule you request. This could include: medication management, monitoring home safety, handling daily needs that arise and coordinating caregiving services (if any).
- Providing after-hours crisis management, including 24/7 on-call We meet our clients in the emergency room and help them navigate the medical system.
- Coordinating all medical care, not only between doctors and family members, but between primary care doctors, specialists, therapists and other clinicians.
- Attending doctor’s appointments and medical procedures, helping to keep family members informed, who live too far or must work and can’t accompany their loved one.
- Monitoring medications, including set up of medication box (if needed), manage refills, and monitor for skipped doses and side effects.
- Providing transitional assistance to/from the hospital, skilled care, assisted living and home, when a different level of care is needed. We have a long-term care liaison on staff to help with locating the best possible fit for your loved one’s needs and preferences.
- Advocating between professionals and agencies on your family member’s behalf, especially with Medicare and long-term care insurance companies.
- Locating and coordinating a variety of local resources to provide all possible services for your family member.
- Providing non-medical caregiver services to our Care Management clients when needed.
And there is so much more that we can do! Our vision is to “help people age well”. Our team of healthcare professionals tailor services to individual personalities, preferences, and desires. We can save you time and money, allowing you to enjoy being a spouse, child, relative, or friend once again.